Looking for a fun and festive and inexpensive addition to any party or event? Create a Yogurt Bar. Froyo has been all the rage for a bit now with a new frozen yogurt bar on every other corner. This is a fun do-it-yourself twist on that. At work, for every staff member’s birthday we celebrate usually with a cake, cookies, some kind of dessert you can stick a candle in and we sing to them. I’m always tasked as the one to make it happen because this kind of stuff really is my niche. I’ve been seeing pins pop up for yogurt bars for brunches and sleepovers and decided to tackle one for our next staff meeting/set of two birthdays. It took me no more than an hour of prep (shopping and set up) and it was a hit!
- Yogurt (I chose Dannon Plain Flavor and Dannon Vanilla)
- Large Serving Bowls for the Yogurt (I got these plastic ones for $1 each at none other than the Dollar Store)
- Small Serving Bowls for the Toppings (Again, $1 each!!)
- Toppings (Some examples: fruits, berries, granola, chocolate chips, sprinkles, coconut, anything your heart desires basically!)
- Plastic Mini Champagne Glasses ($1 for a set of 4!)
- Punch Serving Spoons for the Yogurt
- Spoons for the Toppings and to enjoy
Visually it was quite adorable with the toppings and the little glasses and it took little effort. Of course you can always add personal touches to tie into your decor or color scheme with the spoons or tags for each topping or yogurt flavor. But it’s a simple idea that will sure to impress your guests.