This week has just been me on a way ticket on the Hot Mess Express. I’m EXHAUSTED and ready to completely unwind from people this weekend. But before that can happen, here’s some things I realized or was reminded of this week:
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent,” a very wise quote by Eleanor Roosevelt that I was first introduced to via Mia Thermopolis, Princess of Genovia. People can try to push you down, but they only will if you let them.
- Refreshing a package tracking page doesn’t make it get here any faster, unfortunately.
- iPhones are a lot niftier than I could have imagined and will result in less productivity due to even more Snapchatting, App Store browsing, and Temple Running.
- Sometimes you need some overpriced fake flowers from Target on your desk to get you through the day.
- It’s refreshing to dress for comfort every day and not have to worry about “how this will look in pictures on the blog.”
- Komodo dragons get cooler and cooler with each passing moment especially when you have the Komodo emoji at your constant disposal. (Sorry everyone that I text.)
- Eating Sonic at 11 pm is never a good idea.
- You will not be able to focus while you’re laying upside down off your chair while trying to prepare for a meeting the next morning. It’s just not going to happen.
- Cute shoes are always worth the excruciating pain for said meeting.
I’d like to finish with one of my most famous quotes in the office if I’m having a long day. Y’all know I’m a blazer addict, so me and Mindy (in my office) always say the day becomes casual once I take the blazer off which is usually right after I get back from lunch. (Approximately 12:30…give or take a few minutes) So instead of TGIF, it’s TGIBO: Thank God It’s Blazer’s Off. Which I’m so thankful it is.
xx – Dan