If you haven’t seen the new TV show on the CW, The Carrie Diaries, you really need to. It’s only two episodes in and I’m hooked. I’m head over the heels for the fashion, the music, and even the characters. I’m a huge Sex and the City fan, but this Carrie Bradshaw isn’t quite the same, but if you go into the show knowing that, you won’t be disappointed because the things like the shoes and the style are still very Bradshaw! I was highly inspired by the nail polish splattered purse that Carrie remedied in the first episode, that I knew I had to recreate it myself and for under $20! It’s a great little statement throwback to the 80s. I loved it so much I made one for my best friend, Hannah, as well!
(This shot is property of the CW)
What You’ll Need:
- A Small/Medium Crossbody in any color (I chose this black one from Target on clearance!)
- Various colors of Nail Polish (Mine are from ELF & Sinful Colors, so I don’t waste my OPI/essie)
- Paint Brushes that you won’t mind tossing after this project
- Paper Plate or anything to pour the polish on
- Newspaper or Cardboard to cover your surface
What To Do:
- Lay out your newspaper or cardboard to cover your work surface, so nail polish doesn’t stain.
- Pour out medium sized dollops of polish on your plate and place your purse down face up.
- Dip your paint brushes in the colors, get a generous amount of polish on the brush, and flick the polish onto the purse. You can also paint directly on it, but I prefer the splattered look.
- Allow your purse to dry at least 4-5 hours and maybe make one or two more like I did.
- Enjoy your uniquely Carrie purse and be the envy of all. ;)
I’d love to see if you decide to make a Carrie Diaries inspired purse, so tweet me pictures (@Daniellefaz) and if you would like to use any of this DIY, please send me an email or leave me a comment linking to your post. :) Thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed this!
xx – Dan