I think one of the most common misconceptions about fall fashion is the absence of floral prints. Florals, to most people, scream spring. You want the big bold bright flowers on your sun dresses, your flouncy skirts, your accessories from March to June. This fall we’re going to see those florals transition seamlessly from the heat of summer to the cool of autumn. I was inspired by this floral tuxedo blazer from the LC Lauren Conrad collection at Kohl’s. I think there’s definitely a secret to pulling off florals in the fall, so I’d stick to a few key rules:
- Wear Florals in more muted fall colors like blues, grays, crimsons, purples.
- Wear Florals with busier prints with smaller flower details, so they don’t always look like flowers from a distance.
- Wear Florals as the only print paired with neutrals like nude, cream, and blacks.
3. LC Lauren Conrad Floral Tuxedo Blazer – $52.50 (SALE)
10. Forever 21 Pheasant Cardigan in Black/Orange – $27.80
Of course, there’s always exceptions to the rules. I won’t be quick to trade in my high low skirt with bright yellow and pink flowers just yet. Let me know if you’ve seen any great floral pieces you’d like for the fall.
xx – Dan